These are great gift ideas for Christmas and birthdays. There are many board games available, but here are some of my family's favorites:
- Hi Ho! Cherry-O, Connect Four, and Chutes and Ladders- counting skills for little ones
- Candy Land- color recognition for little ones
- Letter Getter and Scrabble Junior- phonics, spelling, and vocabulary
- Monopoly Junior, Pay Day, and The Game of Life- money skills
- Battleship- coordinate points for graphing
- Sorry, Trouble, Clue, Memory, Yahtzee, Uno, Checkers, Chinese Checkers, Chess, Mancala, Apples to Apples, and card games- critical thinking skills
Make sure to visit www.FamilyGameCoach.com for the home field advantage in teaching your child academics, creativity, and healthy competition by using their Game Plan.
You can even create your own board games to review skills your child is learning at school. CLICK HERE for some templates.
Enjoy your time together!