- Looking for teaching tips in a particular subject area or perhaps for a holiday? Visit my Virtual File Cabinet for hundreds of fun and practical ideas.
- Want to find out the latest tips? Head on over to my recent posts by scrolling down.
- Would you like more teaching tips? Check out my resources for printables, E-books, workshops, and books.
- Do you like freebies? Fill up your virtual goodie bag while you visit.
- Don't want to miss out on future tips? Subscribe to my email.
Now that my middle boys are graduated from the elementary grades, I drill my boys weekly on the names of several famous paintings and their creators using Usborne's Famous paintings cards. We focus on six paintings every week and by the end of summer, they will have mastered them all. We plan to have a contest between my two boys to see who knows them the fastest, and yes, there will be a prize! Breaking up learning into small bits and then playing a game with what they have learned are two tricks to make learning fun.
During the elementary years, I teach my kids a few parts of speech each school year and then we take time practicing what we've learned in our writing assignments. My kids are currently learning about prepositions, and of course, I am looking for ways to make it fun.☺
and Around the House the Fox Chased the Mouse: Adventures in Prepositions by Rick Walton.
CLICK HERE for a detailed post on jelly bean learning activities.