- Looking for teaching tips in a particular subject area or perhaps for a holiday? Visit my Virtual File Cabinet for hundreds of fun and practical ideas.
- Want to find out the latest tips? Head on over to my recent posts by scrolling down.
- Would you like more teaching tips? Check out my resources for printables, E-books, workshops, and books.
- Do you like freebies? Fill up your virtual goodie bag while you visit.
- Don't want to miss out on future tips? Subscribe to my email.
CLICK HERE for a detailed post on jelly bean learning activities.
Hello spring! Our family has been waiting for you to arrive. We are ready to jump in our pool and hit the nearby beaches.
This week my boys, Colton and Coen, shared some springtime snack ideas for kids on FOX 4's Mom Squad. The first treat they shared was this Classic Dirt Cake Recipe that makes kids grin from ear to ear.
Watch the segment Spring Inspired Snacks to learn how to make dirt cake that kids (and adults) go crazy over. It is always a hit no matter where we bring it!
For the entire recipe, click HERE.
We also shared a cute craft idea that you can use to add some SPRING BLING to your child's everyday snacks.
On Spring Inspired Snacks, my kids demonstrate how to decorate a clothespin with markers, paint, or glitter and then hot glue googly eyes and pipe cleaners for the antennae. Next, fill a snack baggie with your favorite snack, such as: goldfish, trail mix, cereal, grapes, strawberries, blueberries, or carrots. Pinch the baggie in half and clip it with a clothespin. So simple and cute!
Kids will love opening up the fridge or their lunchboxes and grabbing one of these adorable butterfly snacks.
See you later boring penmanship worksheets! Practicing handwriting skills can be a blast with these FUN and creative methods I recently shared on Fox 4's Mom Squad.
Did you catch the last tip at the end?
That is always my favorite one to share since parents rarely associate Playdough with handwriting. CLICK HERE for the recipes I discussed, and you have to print these cute (and free) Playdough Mats.