- First, blow up a balloon and tie it closed.
- Second, draw the outlines of the continents on the balloon with a permanent marker.
- Third, untie the balloon and deflate it.
- Next, cut off the top and bottom of the balloon and then cut through the middle of the Pacific Ocean.
- Last, stretch out the balloon and pin the corners to a cork board or foam board. Discuss how the map looks different when it is flat.
My children especially enjoy learning about states and countries by using puzzles. I even make it a game by timing them to see who can complete the puzzle the fastest.
Have FUN learning about the world together!