These hearts make beautiful decorations to display. A former neighbor of mine has even kept her son's heart up year-round for 8 years because she loves it so much.
- Cut a large heart from cardboard (a gift box will work) or cardstock.
- Cut small squares of multi-colored tissue paper.
- Pour 1/4 cup of concentrated liquid starch, such as Sta-Flo, into a cup.
- Place the squares of tissue paper where you would like them on the heart.
- Dip a paintbrush into the liquid starch and paint the squares of tissue paper.
- Be sure to cover all of the heart with the liquid starch.
- After the heart dries completely, cut the corners of tissue paper hanging over the edges of the heart.
I usually punch holes into the hearts and thread them to hang them up. If I have several hearts to hang, I'll make a sign that says, "Our Hearts Belong to Jesus." Enjoy!