|So cute and clever!|
|The boys favorite part was making the buckles.|
24 chocolate-striped shortbread cookies
12-ounce package of chocolate chips
tube of yellow frosting
1. Place the cookies upside down on a cookie sheet.
2. Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave.
3. Stick a toothpick in the marshmallows and dip them into the chocolate.
4. Place the marshmallows on top of the cookies using a second toothpick.
5. When the hats cool and harden, use the frosting to create a buckle on each hat.
|They are ready for our Homeschool Thanksgiving Party.|
(I doubled the recipe to make 48 hats.)
Don't you just love these?
Nov. 2012 update
My middle son was so proud of himself when he thought of a new way to make pilgrim hats this year. He used miniature Reese's peanut butter cups and Oreos. So simple and cute!