We made rainbow cookies yesterday to begin our celebration of Saint Patrick, and the kids really enjoyed making AND eating them!
Use your favorite sugar cookie dough recipe or pre-packaged sugar cookie dough (2 tubes).
(1) Divide dough into fourths. Tint each with a different food color- 1 pink/red, 1 green, 1 blue and 1 yellow. I used Wilton food coloring for extra bright colors.
(2) Shape dough into 3/4 inch balls.
(3) Place one ball of each color together to make one large ball, like a hacky sack pictured below.
(4) Chill the balls for at least one hour before rolling. (Warm hands make the dough too soft, which is hard to roll and easier for the colors to blend together.)
(5) Roll each ball into a small snake and then coil it to make a cookie shape.
(6) Bake according to your recipe's instructions.
For more St. Patrick's Day activities, click HERE and then SCROLL DOWN to see all the posts.