- Fold white construction paper in half to create a line in the middle of the paper. Trace that line with a pencil.
- Using a pencil, draw an outdoor summer scene.
- Turn the paper to the side now and copy the other half using the folded middle line as the line of symmetry. (Like when you teach a child to copy the other half of a butterfly) This half will be the reflection in the water so children can make the lines wavy if they prefer.
- Color in the drawing with crayons except the water.
- Paint the bottom half with blue watercolor paints and let dry.
- Trace the top half with a black marker to make the lines bold.